Applications are now being accepted for 2021 and 2022! We will be building in Wayne and
Apply to own a Habitat home
Applicants applying to the homeownership program are evaluated using three criteria:
need, ability to pay, and willingness to partner.
Following an initial review, we will contact you regarding next steps towards an application
for a home. If you do not meet these general guidelines, we will notify you by letter. Please be
patient, this review process can take up to 30 days.
Habitat homes generally follow an open floor plan with a combined living/dining/kitchen space. When possible, Habitat works with the future homeowners to offer choices for flooring, kitchen countertop, siding, and appliance colors.
Basic House Description
- Whirlpool refrigerator, stove, and range hood
- Central AC, Energy Star furnace and water heater
- Additional appliances as offered (at applicant(s) expense)
- 1.5+ bathrooms (based on # of bedrooms)
- 8x10 shed
- 1180 square feet: 3 bedrooms
- 1280 square feet: 4 bedrooms
- Bedroom size is approximately 100 square feet
- Crawl space (no basement)
- Driveway (no garage)
- Basic landscaping